Once a patient is identified as a good candidate for oral appliance therapy, they are given the option to have a custom fit oral appliance constructed and maintained by a local dentist or they can be fit with the Somnoguard AP2 or SPX in our office.
- Instructional video RE: Somnoguard SPX & AP2: https://vimeo.com/532491558
- Instructional video RE: fitting – https://vimeo.com/364119541
- If the Somnoguard is chosen, we do an initial benefits investigation and our team will phone to give the benefits breakdown to the patient
- Self pay options available
- Prior authorization is completed through the patient’s insurance if applicable to ensure coverage
- The patient can then schedule an appointment with our office on Monday, Wednesday or Friday
- They need to provide proof of vaccination or a negative COVID test before their appointment
- On the day of their appointment they sign a consent form, pay their OOP, complete their fitting (see video), and take the device home with them immediately after their fitting.
- They will be instructed on how to properly care for the device and make adjustments if needed
- Adjustments are authorized by the provider to ensure safety and minimal side effects
- They will follow-up with a provider 2 weeks after their fitting to assess comfort and efficacy
- Oral appliance titration home sleep test is done to gain empirical data to ensure that the OA is effectively managing their OSA or snoring